1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upcoming road trip: Minneapolis-Chicago this weekend

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by stephensprius, Apr 6, 2017.

1. stephensprius

stephensprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Wife, myself and two kids (ages: 9 and 6) are driving this weekend from Minneapolis-Chicago. We have two options, 2013 Prius or 2016 Honda Cr-V awd. I am leaning Honda for the extra space but can't beat the 40+ mpg we would get in Prius. What do you all think?

2. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ask the wife. That's what you'll be taking.

m.wynn likes this.
  3. maurices

maurices Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My wife and I have driven from Minnesota to Phoenix and from Minnesota to Texas, not a problem. We do have a RAV4 too. It rides better only because it has larger wheel and tires which make the ride more comfy. The wheelbase is really similar. On both trips got over 45 mph through mountains and at speeds around 80 mph....

4. MPGesus

MPGesus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How much will you be driving once you get to the city? The roads here are in their extra-terrible post winter state so the cr-v will make for a less bumpy drive on city surface streets. Then again if you think you'll need to street park a lot the Prius will be easier.

iPhone ?

5. Mike Rosenzweig

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Back in 2013, I rented a new Prius for 10 day from Avis, and did a 3800 mile road trip to Oregon and California, and I was so impressed with the comfort and milage of the Prius over the long distances, that after I returned the Prius, I got back into my older car, went to the Toyota dealership, and bought a new (2013 at the time) Prius Four. It's now been 4 years, and to this day, I'm still very happy with the Prius, so I think it's a perfect car for long road trips.

6. Samprocat

Samprocat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I'm tall man and i have take in on one run 790 miles in my Prime and didn't feel any different that in my BMW 760....
    So i can promise you that is even better now...my feelings are like driving a car with air suspension on medium setup

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.