1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UPDATE....After market leather instal.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Anthony, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Anthony

Anthony New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is going to be long, but hopefully it will help others in their decisions.

After getting my prius back, I started noticing damage inside, from scratches, to cuts, to broken door panels. I brought these to the attention of the dealer and the shop that did the work. My car went back last Wednesday for repair, the drivers side door panel had some broken tabs and was easily pushed in, they just glued it. The rear cup holders were broken out of the armrest and once again glued back into position. There were scratches on all doors where they used screwdrivers to remove the panels. The middle seat belt plastic cap is broken.

I was told to pick up the car on Monday, the service advisor called and said she sent the car back to once again have it repaired correctly. So yesterday I went to get it, everything still broken, glue all over the interior, and now I have a gouge in my fender, from what, I have no idea and it looks like they took a heat gun or lighter and made the scratches smooth against a pattern on the door. I demanded new panels be installed.

Being I bought the leather through the dealer, I got the general manager involved and I had 5 people looking at my car. He assured me it would be fixed. They have given me a rental, but I fear my car interior will never be the same as new.

Think about this if you want leather and do not want to buy a car with leather already in it. If the car comes back to me and I am not impressed with the repairs, I am going to ask for a full refund of the $1500 that I paid. If they refuse, I guess it is small claims court time. :(

1 person likes this.
  2. Bambam650

Bambam650 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You should post the name of the dealer you're having trouble with so others can beware.

3. Anthony

Anthony New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So far the dealer is helping, it is a company called autofx in Tacoma Washington that has no business doing this sort of work.

Mustang Body Kits | Tacoma Window Tinting | Custom Mustangs

1 person likes this.
  4. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wow that is scary. I'm having mine done professionally on Monday and you just instilled fear, uncertainty, and doubt in my brain!

5. Anthony

Anthony New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Man, I would not do it. IF I could, I would keep the cloth, it is not that bad, and is in the car the right way. If you do go on with it, I hope the best for you and you do not go through what I am dealing with.

6. octavia

octavia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sorry to hear about your experience Anthony. I'm paying close attention to your story...I live in the same general area as you do and am interested in after market leather. I know where NOT to go for sure.

7. Anthony

Anthony New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Finally got my car back today, and after the dealership charged the leather shop $1100 in parts and labor, the car looks new. Very happy. However, they scratched the bumper, but when I got there they already had someone buffing it out. I wonder if they were going to tell me, or keep it hush hush?