1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Update on 02 Prius

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Gen1Prius, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Gen1Prius

Gen1Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey folks, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on the update of my hybrid battery replacement etc. to give you an update after sitting for probably about a year we were finally able to get the vehicle started but I’ve been countered a couple of other problems along the way. I took the vehicle to the repairs is facility that I’ve been using for several years and because of their experience with hybrids they basically said this was over their heads and I don’t remember off the top my head the actual fault codes but when I asked them that I wanted to get the AC working and I have a brake problem now that has the ABS light on the brake light and the problem is the panel goes all the way to the floor. The vehicle can be driven but I’m having to use the engine braking to slow the vehicle down and obviously the brake pedal going all the way to the floor and the other problem that they ran into was when they went to recharge the air conditioning, they got enough refrigerant in it but they can’t get the compressor to come on and I believe that there was a fault code for that and I think as well as possibly on the brakes. So now I’m going to have to take it to an authorized repair facility that works and hybrids. I refuse to take it to the dealer because they’re going to charge me up the wazoo! Obviously something happened to it after selling for such a long period of time and I discovered something else that after I got the hybrid battery replaced I would drive it around the block here which in a rule area is roughly 5 miles and what I discovered is that the 12 V battery wasn’t being charged and I got out the other day I Ashley a week ago started the car up and move out of the way and I left both front windows rolled down and left the key in the ignition and I went and cut the grass and when I got done, I put the zero turn mower up and totally forgot about the car. So I went back outside and I just went to roll the windows up and I noticed that you were taking a long time coming up and the display was really down and I forgot both windows up I want to try to start the car and nothing and I just rolled my eyes back in my head and I thought, oh no now what? So I went and got my Optima battery charger and put it on the 12 V battery and sure enough battery was empty so I let it charge and I just got out yesterday and was crossing my fingers and I did finally get the car started and this time I drove it around much much farther than I normally do. My question is, has anybody encountered situations with the brakes and the air-conditioning like this? any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m waiting for my car trailer to be built and then I will be taking it to a place that I know the people that own the repair facility only because I worked there in their original location and they were first starting out. I did a search for authorized hybrid repair facilities and I came across two and one of them was the one I’m taking Duke and the other one was closer to me removed farther away! Thanks in advance. Sorry for the long winded story but I just thought I would give an update as to where Crystal (the name of the car) stands!