1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UPDATE ON MY NON RUNNING 02 PRIUS

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by baddad457, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unruhly @ Sep 30 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]519441[/snapback]</div>
    More like Troll.

Instead of providing the requested information, just more bellyaching and/or namecalling.

2. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Lets see...you own an old used car which when it was built was still in the infancy of it's complicated new technology. The manufacturer goes above and beyond in order to help you, and you still complain. You come on a board which has lots of people willing to guide and you are insulting and don't provide enough information for help to be forthcoming. You, sir, are a fool, and a fool and his money are soon parted. Troll.

3. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    sorry i questioned his dilemma..lol..but i think you all did a great job in scouting out his real intention..bitching, complaining, flamer and likely troll
    ps..thanks for the support on my math, doc :rolleyes:

4. wile-e

wile-e Junior Member

When I have faced problems with my vehicle I have always been able to count on the Prius Chat group to give me sound and reasonable advice. Of course I tried to give sound and reasonable descriptions of the problems that I was facing.... <_< (That was a troll son) :p

Reading this gentleman's bellyaching troll has made me feel so much better about the problems that I have faced with my Toyota dealer. LOL I Needed to read this..... Thank You! I needed the laughter! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Let's see...an automaker offers $5k for repairs on a six year old car (yeah, I DID the math--it's an '02 and the '08s are available), and the <strike>troll</strike> owner is kvetching? C'mon gang...this is better than the Sunday funnies. Or wait...remember the GM dealer guy from last year whose brother was trying to talk him into adding on a Toyota dealership? Maybe this is a new nom for him--finding a new way to bash the furrin' cars?

Or just a new troll.

More or less amusing, in any case...less, if you tried to help him/her.

But hey--some of us don't got real lives... :blink:

6. pyccku

pyccku Happy Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I would have been THRILLED if Dodge would have paid anything on the out-of-warranty transmission replacement our Caravan needed. It was a 1999 and when it was 5 years old it just went belly-up as well.

We went to a dealership and they told us it would be at least $2500. Never once was an offer made to cover any of that cost. It was never assumed that the dealership should cover anything. It was out of warranty, we had the extended warranty, so we were SOL.

We traded it in ASAP on a Sienna. We got about $2000 in trade on it. I would have been thrilled to get $11K like you could get for your Prius!

The Prius is a great car. But there will always be bad apples out there, and you got one of them. If you can't pay the bill, sell the car and buy something cheaper. Good luck finding something as reliable as the Prius for the $11K you could get for it.

7. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    baddad457,
    Why not just walk into a Southern Baptist church and try to convince them God isn't real? It would be easier for you to get a win. Try as you might your efforts to convince us the Prius is crap are a waste of energy.

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Perhaps it is time to stop beating the spot where the dead horse was dragged away.

As our cars age, they will eventually fail in a way that makes the cost of repair greater than the cost of upgrading to a more current model. If you are prepared for that eventuality, life is good and you move on. But I notice the original poster has gone mute and probably has other, more interesting things to do. It is past time to give this thread a rest.

Bob Wilson

9. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    call toyota customer care, its possible they will pay for everything

10. MrK

MrK New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(baddad457 @ Sep 29 2007, 08:12 AM) [snapback]518977[/snapback]</div>
    Your internet campaign to inform the public is a bust because you cannot speak gently to the subject, nor do you have the ability to express yourself in a manner that commands respect. I can refer you to some really good attorneys in Louisianna, but at $300+/hr, you'd better be able to explain to them exactly what the issues are, and why somebody else is liable a heck of a lot better than you've done here. Oh, and I don't think Louisianna allows you to recover your costs of litigation either, so add that to the $2,750 you'll be out of pocket.

You've vented; now either let it go, or provide some real detail so the members of this board can offer real solutions or suggestions.

I'm curious how a shade-tree mechanic allowed a dealership to gig him for $430 to install a battery. I realize the cost of the battery is in the $200 range, but wow, another $230 to install? Did he do anything else but change the battery?

What is the current mileage on the Prius?
    What was the date that it put into service?
    Which extended service contract do you have? Is it Toyota's, or a third-party administrator's contract?
    Is there any contention that you have not maintained the Prius in the manner required by the extended service contract?

Your car died. I presume that means the Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) quit, because the ICE will run without the hybrid system. So do you know that the hybrid system is also faulty? If it is, how do you know?

As the members of this board have asked, time and time again, please provide us with real facts, and they will try to provide you with good advice.

11. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    mr k, let it go..he has beenhad and hasnt been heard from since last month