1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgrade 2005 software to 2006?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lbligh, Feb 9, 2006.

1. lbligh

lbligh Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I read here a couple of days ago that the 2006 MFD keeps a running average MPG instead of resetting with each tank refill. I certainly would prefer that -- do you suppose it would be possible to have the dealer upgrade my 2005 software?

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's true that the 06 never resets so basically you have the lifetime MPG of the car. The only boring downside of that is that the number (once you have several thousand miles) will never change! It will get stuck at some number and stay there. That is fine but I kind of prefer getting a per tank feedback as it makes we strive to improve. So I consider this "feature" a bug (and hope they'll fix it).

Not sure if the 05 can be upgraded

3. lbligh

lbligh Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    But it's my understanding that you can press "RESET" if you want to. I'd like to have the option. For example, warmer weather yields higher MPG, so I'd probably reset in the spring to boost my spirits!

For multi-driver Priuses, it would be fun to keep track of each driver's MPG, to keep the competition interesting....

4. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't call it a bug - you get the option.

5. SomervillePrius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ok, ok.... it's not a "bug"... it's an ehhh... feature... that said I prefer how the 05 works... as i will forget to hit reset and the "blows" my tank :)

It would be fun with FE calculated by key! That way my Fiancee and I could fight over who gets the best FE :-D

6. lbligh

lbligh Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I suspect there are a lot of couples who do that.

7. moolman

moolman Member

I have a 2006 Prius, I just checked to see if my tank resets after fill up and it does. I have a package #8 made on 12/05.

Alex

8. SomervillePrius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You sure about that?

My tank milage resets but my gasmilage is too stable to have been reset. It stuck at my old tank and have kept climing upwards slower and slower. To me it feel like the MPG calulation is not reset. I bought my Prius 1/31/06 and it was just of the boat a few days before that. I have not checked when it was built

9. moolman

moolman Member

Alright the mileage resets and tank does not then, it stays the same and does not fluctuate.

Alex

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    you'd have to get a new MFD. and unfortunately the 06 MFDs have different connectors than the 05s. so that's a no. sorry :(