1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgrade 9 inch android console with custom frame

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Max Taiwan, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Hi guys I just installed a upgrade center console for the Prius Alpha aka the Prius V.
    We needed a navigation system which could tell us upcoming speed cameras and also our previous reverse cam jumps back to main page which was annoying. This unit also came with a dash cam for those moments you never hope will happen.
    We are happy with the unit so far. A few things we are still working out which is the main page icons and equalizer for the best sound performance is still in the work.
    Here she is! 20210426_093827.jpg
    Originaly we wanted a 10 inch floating screen like a model 3, but after careful consideration we went with a 9 inch which could fit nicely in a custom frame. 1619617364845.jpg
    Here is what she looks like turned on. Its a Oct-core with 4GB of ram and 64 GB hard drive for apps.

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Nicely integrated. How much of what was OEM touchscreen driven functionality do you retain?

Max Taiwan likes this.
  3. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    The only thing I lost was the visual proximity display. I still get the beeps but just no visual display popping up which I use to find a bit distracting before anyways. Radio reception is better and all steering command remains fully functional.

Air_Boss likes this.
  4. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    This was our previous unit. received_461503508265719.jpeg

TheTewks likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's beautiful max! did you print the frame?

Max Taiwan likes this.
  6. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    I wish I did print the frame. I think the radio guys got a custom frame which will fit up to 9 inch screen.
    I am just happy the car is ready and working fine. The next thing to do is put in a Red Bullet. The ECO mode running makes the car feel so heavy, this is just for the baseline before we do the test with the upgrade solenoid.
    At the moment I do not see any benefit for using the ECO mode on the Prius plus, I am getting around 19.1km/l.
    At the end of my previous run in normal mode I was just about 20.1km/l. I am really looking forward to use Power mode!
    If anyone is interested in the frame or the silicone wiper blades I would be happy to hunt for the factory.

jzchen likes this.