1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgrade my radio system.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ivy Lag, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Ivy Lag

Ivy Lag New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I just purchased a 2010 Prius. I would like to update my stereo system to CarPlay, and still be able to control my radio from my steering wheel. I watched a lot of YouTube video, they ain’t that helpful. So, can anyone tell me what type of radio and equipment I will need to complete with project?

2. Ed Beaty

Ed Beaty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I suggest you try going to Crutchfield.com. (I am not affiliated; it's the path I took...)

There, you can plug your car info into their system, and get detailed options on adaptors you'll need to fit your particular situation and requirements to a radio you might choose. They also have a corral of knowledgeable (all good, some very) people who you can contact by phone if you need help/advice. Reasonable pricing, IMO, and upgrading a Prius audio system can be tricky in order to retain the features you want (such as steering wheel controls, rear camera, etc).