1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgrade / Replace Prius Seats? Desperate!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tart_green, Feb 25, 2017.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :ROFLMAO:

2. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If you live in the Chicago area I can probably help you. If not then I can not.

3. LaDeeDaDee

LaDeeDaDee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have the same exact problem! Ungodly seats in this car. It's like they spent a billion on the engine and $100 on the seats and comfort

I have

4. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's the very same problem I had in my 1972 Subaru and again in my 1981 Mazda---- cheaply constructed seats with no support in the middle of the backrest or the middle of the seat bottom. I corrected the problem in those earlier cars by taking the seats apart and adding foam and stiffening bars. With this thing, I'm intimidated by the air bags, so far.

My mother's 2000 Camry had far better seats.

5. newnovichoke

newnovichoke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wish you would have kept on with your train of thought! I'm in Socal and looking for better seat options in my gen 2:censored:

6. Doc333

Doc333 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm in the same situation with my Gen 3 Prius 4. It has leather seats with lumbar support, several adjustments (btw a MANUAL seat, even in a IV). They are way more comfortable than the cloth seats (I'd leased a 2014 before I bought this one), but still suck after a couple of hours in the saddle. HARD. I've looked at seats from a Lexus 200h but they are the same seat as far as I can tell. I'm willing to try most anything as the car is great except for the miserable seats! I've even looked at switching to an Avalon and Camry hybrid, just to get some comfort. The Avalon (2014) I test drove was no better than my Prius. I rented a 2021 Camry hybrid and the seats were a little better, but not $29K better. Seems like seats in hybrids are made with a lighter material to increase milage figures - so far no solution but still looking.

7. tallprius

tallprius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Premium w/ Solar Cells

8. tallprius

tallprius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Premium w/ Solar Cells

9. tallprius

tallprius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Premium w/ Solar Cells
    I looked at seats from 2013 Lexus IS 350 but they will not fit floor, The Prius V seats they have similar floor mounting but odd. colors ( to match my 2010 Gen 3 ).. I installed used tan leather (really are nuluxe or softex ) 2013 CTY200h seats and LOVE them.

TWO problems they sit 1-2 inches lower in car due to shorter "feet" mounting to the floor They mount so low they ram into under seat Prius NAV system and Prius JBL amp. I lowered the box under driver seat 1 inch and raised the passenger seat with 1 inch with steel blocks. Electric is easy to do and a good short cut is to just swap the weight sensor harness from the old manual PRIUS seat to the new electric LEXUS seat- I did that and no error codes no problem lights. With electric front elevation, rear elevation, tilt, seat back recline and lumber whats not to like ? Seat heaters are inside the seat but no way I could figure out all those wires and just left that unhooked.

The Prius head rest maybe a issue (it puts your head down to your chest - try a head rest from a RX 300 it is almost straight up/down.

10. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Airbag cause you any concern?

11. robomoto

robomoto Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have the 2 following electrical connectors on my non-power 2010 Prius Base's driver's seat (Canada) shown below, looking from the driver's footwell:
    [​IMG]

Below is the same angle but showing more of the wire harness coming up from under the carpet, which looks like it is holding extra unused wires within the blue tape.
    [​IMG]

I've read on another thread that the connectors for the gen 3 Prius power seats and the CT200h power seats look like the following:
    [​IMG]

My 2 connectors look identical to the middle (4 wire, white plug) and right (2 wire, yellow plug) connectors. Does my car have the wires to power the third power seat connector (3 wire: white plug) on the left?

#51 robomoto, Jan 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  12. forrest_fire1

forrest_fire1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Did you ever find solution to this question?
    I just pulled the non electric fabric seats out of my 2010 prius and would like to replace the electric seats out of my totalled 2010 prius.