1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgrade to Toyota JBL Factory Navigation System

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ahmad B, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Ahmad B

Ahmad B New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello,

I have a Toyota Prius 2011 Non-JBL Factory Navigation System (Part Number: 86120-47290) and I would like to upgrade to Toyota JBL Factory Navigation System (Part Number: 86120-47390). However, I do not have the subs/amp. Is this possible to do without the sub/amp?

Did anyone try to install a Toyota Factory Navigation System on a non-Factory Navigation System?

Also, I’m open to any other advice / comments / suggestions / solutions!

Thanks
    AB

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You'll definitely need the GPS antenna also. Upper dash off to install it.

The JBL system relies on the amp under the passenger seat. I think it also has a different number of speakers, but you might get away with leaving one set of outputs unconnected.

The wiring diagrams are at techinfo.toyota.com. I predict you'll be looking at them. :)

-Chap

3. hayden55

hayden55 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Honestly its not a fantastic system for the money. Buy a small amp and some decent speakers and match it to one of the new aftermarket navi's with apple car play and what not.

4. AKTroy

AKTroy New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have the system and agree with Hayden55. I would look at an aftermarket solution.