1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgraded from 2010 to 2012 MY - a few questions on differences

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by JaymzB0nd, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol. Gurple's suggestion seems reasonable. It's possible you may have accidentally muted the iPod. (The phone and "headphones" volumes are independent with the iPhone if you're using the iPhone as an iPod as well).

Weird. It should work the same way as your Corolla - automatically pair when you start the car. Also make sure that you didn't select the option to connect via phone (the default should be connect via car). Connect via car means the car will actively search for the phone and connect. The other option means you're telling the nav system that you'll connect it yourself each and every time. I have no idea why there's an option for that or why you wouldn't want to automatically connect.

1 person likes this.
  2. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks, worked like a charm. I wonder why the dealer didn't know how to do it. I was looking under the phone area & not the setup.

3. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'll have to explore these options & see how it's set up. Many big thanks for all the help. :D

4. JaymzB0nd

JaymzB0nd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The iPod came back on by itself so who knows haha

5. JaymzB0nd

JaymzB0nd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    And it's doing it again. Unbelievably annoying. Didn't work so I was turning the car on and off at each stop light. The third time it went back to working but then stopped again after I changed to the radio. Going to make an appointment with Toyota next week to have it checked out.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Np!

Well they're there to sell the car, not figure out how the car works. To give them some credit, there are several different versions.

1. BLULogic which is a dealer-installed bluetooth setup on all Scions and some lower end Toyotas (Yaris, older Corolla and Matrix and possibly base model RAV4s). This one has the simple red arrow, green arrow and phone icon that slots into one of the plastic blanks. I don't know how these work since I have spent zero hours working with them (my friend has it in his tC but I haven't played around with it).

2a. Toyota Bluetooth Handsfree System without nav - This one requires you to use the TUNE knob to scroll through options and use voice commands to set up the phone. A little cumbersome but workable. This one is integrated into the headunit and comes from the factory as equipped

2b. Toyota bluetooth handsfree with nav - This is the one you have with a nice screen to see all the menus and the phone touchpad. It's easier to use with the onscreen buttons though menus can be difficult to navigate (I had to pull out the manual to find where the bluetooth audio phone settings were!)

As a side note, now that there's the Display Audio system, there's a 3rd subset since the DA units are different from the Premium HDD versions.