1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgraded my 2014 Prius c Four...

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by franziskaner, Sep 24, 2014.

1. franziskaner

franziskaner New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Installed a backup camera and got the windows tinted...

An installer damaged the dashboard: there is a pretty noticeable chip and a few minor scratches *crying*

Also, there are a few small (about 2 mm) bubbles on the windshield (installed a clear film to keep the heat down and protect against UV). The installer told me that he did everything he could and it's not possible to do it any better. Whatever.

But those scratches on my 2-weeks old (since I got it) brand new pre-ordered car make me really upset.

On top of that the guy was servicing other customers during my pre-appointed time, so my total waiting time was twice longer than expected..

I am a stickler for quality and usually take my time to find someone I could trust with an important job, but this guy was recommended by my dealer who I had a pretty good experience with and took his word on it and trusted his recommendation..

Any advice on how to deal with the dashboard damage? Maybe it's possible to order the pieces that were scratched and re-install them?.. Will ask the dealer as well, but I'm sure that he'll say that there is nothing he can help with..((

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    grease monkeys, that is so frustrating! i would ask the installer to make it right, whatever it takes. all the best!(y)

3. franziskaner

franziskaner New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks!

4. franziskaner

franziskaner New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Just remembered another thing I was concerned with: the documents in the glove compartment were all wet! I assume from him spraying that soapy solution.. If it leaked even in the glovebox, it probably leaked everywhere.. Can it damage the electronics?

One thing I know for sure: I'd never buy a car that needs so many upgrades (and costs almost 30k!) again and wouldn't trust some creep to do anything in it and mess up everything and make it look like 10 year old car...

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    why were they squirting water?

6. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    They use water with a tiny bit of soap to get the tint installed.
    I had my windshield done and 0 problems with the install.

The little corner windows in the front doors could have been better, but other than that no problems.

I'd make them make it right, they have insurance for that reason, you can't damage someone's car and say sorry. I worked at best buy in highschool as an installer, if we f'd something up we had to document it and turn it in to corporate to make it right. I never had any incidents... But we had another guy that was an expert at drilling into gas tanks.....

7. Super Mario

Super Mario Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That place has to make good on the damage and I would go back to the dealer and make a big scene about recommending this place. They might make good on it too because the dealer gets a kick back for sending people there

8. franziskaner

franziskaner New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Maybe I'm being paranoid, but after I let that recommended "professional" work on my car for about 8 hour, it started making strange loud noises. Also, I used to get 46 - 56 MPG, but now getting only 38 - 41 MPG (my driving style hasn't changed and I use same AC settings I used before).

9. Super Mario

Super Mario Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Better bring that up to the dealer and the guys who worked on it right away or else they will blame you

10. Ken Scheinker

Ken Scheinker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    IV
    Had a similar problem with a dealer referred tintb job, the shop that did the job performed a crap install. Gave the dealer hell about it and the tint shop refunded the money, rather than loose business from dealer. If worse comes to worst, call the owner of the store or start posting bad reviews at Angie's list, Yelp etc. That may get their attention if they refuse to help , the credit card company can always service a complaint too. My experience with tint shops has not been good.

11. robertmaria

robertmaria Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    you pre-ordered a 2012 in 2014 for nearly $30,000. itza $22,000 maybe $25,ooo car. and yet youre a stickler for quality. the facts dont make sense. better you sell it maybe. dont keep a car you dont like. sorry