1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgrading 8612052D10 to 8612052110

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by BeepBeep2, May 17, 2018.

1. BeepBeep2

BeepBeep2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    We purchased a 2013 Toyota Prius C One from a private party. It has the base radio (86120-52D10) in it. I purchased a used touchscreen radio (86140-52110) to replace the base radio. Do I need to do anything special to swap the radios, or will it be plug and play with no issues?

2. david1111

david1111 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Did you have any issues upgrading or were all the wire connectors the same? I'm considering doing the same upgrade at some point. Does the navigation require any sort of antenna that isn't included in the base model, or is it part of the head unit?

3. Marty H

Marty H Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There are some old discussions in this section that discuss the change. I did this replacement in my 2012 C2. It was PnP. Used an antenna for navigation. According to the old discussions, Nav is choppy if you don't. Also, you have to replace the left steering wheel button circuit card to signal the voice recognition, if you want to use it from there. The car screens (Energy Regen etc.) in the touchscreen radio require patching into other wires, which I did not do. The system has been working fine and I can initiate calls by pushing the steering wheel button and using voice.