1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgrading center console/armrest questions.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by daley, Oct 8, 2022.

1. daley

daley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So i have a 2013 Prius 2 which has a pretty ratty looking center console.

I came across a center console at the junk yard from a gen 3 prius which appears to be fake leather.

The original center console in the car has 12v outlet and usb/audio located at the front of the inside of the console. The one I want to install has them mounted at the rear of the console, and also does not have the USB socket.

I have played around and found that I cannot get the 12v and audio/USB to play ball with the fake leather armrest, the cable is too short to reach to the back of the armrest and the connectors are different so I cant use the pre existing wires on the fake leather armrest.

Does anyone know how to make this work? I think I need an extension cable that has the Toyota USB/audio connector on each end? does such a thing exist?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Extend the length of the wires with butt connectors / crimps and eliminate the need for existing connectors.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Are gen 3 consoles similar to the Gen 2 consoles in the fact that you can unscrew the outer trim of the console the colored pieces and the black pieces in the middle of the console where the USB connectors in the ports and all that you can keep that and use the other console pieces that you want carefully I'll go look at my Gen 3 as soon as I pull into the driveway in about 30 minutes I'm doing this right now in a Gen too I can well I can't put up pictures but anyway I'm changing a tan ugly car like the gold cars all that ugly tan interior over to gray and I guess I call this gray dark gray I've got it all done the door panels and everything but the console should come apart is my point