1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgrading stereo system in my 2015 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tom Auto, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Tom Auto

Tom Auto New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Has anybody actually upgraded the stock stereo system in your Prius? I would like to swap for a double-din touchscreen system. Just worried about any gaps or spaces that may be present after the switch. I would like a seamless installation. Any thoughts/tip would be greatly appriciated.

2. Juan Ramirez

Juan Ramirez New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    FD1CD930-A259-4BF6-98E9-E54C87924BFC.jpeg A128A6AD-1DB5-4E0F-A4BF-7195A0B852D6.jpeg I did just recently as a matter of fact. Also a 2015 model 4. I wouldn’t say that gaps are an issue, but yeah, you don’t get the same factory look. In my case, and many others it seems, the trim kit doesn’t match the color of the rest of the car.

I can see how that would bother people but in my case, that’s washed away by getting apple carplay. It’s been so much better than the stock system for me. Can follow maps on the screen and work with Apple Music like never before.

Steph1972 likes this.
  3. Evoking

Evoking Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Here mine i love it I just blacked out my house because Apple CarPlay shows where I’m at lol but I love it and fitment is very well

Attached Files:

Steph1972 likes this.