1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

URGENT: Autel MaxiTPMS Pad - TEST FAILED

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by andreimontreal, Sep 3, 2020.

1. andreimontreal

andreimontreal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anybody would know why the Autel TPMS Pad would give a "Test failed" on MX-1 sensors (that's the universal dual frequency sensor). I try to clone my Toyota sensors, it says it does it but then says that test failed.

The Pad is updated - I tried everything and I'm clueless.

EDIT: Had to "create" sensor, then was able to clone it (NOT what the manual said) seems like case closed.

#1 andreimontreal, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have not used my Autel TS508 to program MX-1 sensors yet, but I am assuming the procedure is similar for the PAD. The only thing is that the PAD has no OBDII, so you can't do the OBDII method to read the ID. Have you checked the video on this page?

Do you have the original TPMS sensors that you want to copy the ID from out of tires, or still in the tires? The video shows how to read the ID in both situations, but reading it in the tire seems to be a bit cumbersome for you have to take your laptop and the connected PAD to your car. Maybe the position of PAD is misaligned? Do all of the sensors give you the error or just one or two? Are all of your current sensors working? If you have the sensors out of the tires, or if you have TechStream to read the Ids off from ECU, have you tried using the manual input method to copy the ID?

andreimontreal likes this.
  3. andreimontreal

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was able to fix it. I had to create the sensor first, then it allowed me to mod it. But it goes against anything: creating the sensor is for stand alone usage - I shouldn't have to create anything if I wanted to copy info on it. Thanks! yes, that's the vid I based my purchase on.

It's so stupid that they don't explain anything in the manual, or updated pdf manual on their website (IF there was one at all). Who makes business like that? I was thinking that I'd even describe what the voltage reading of the battery means - they don't understand what proper customer support is.

I did the test in decimal by accident (forgot to update the settings). Will try again in hex, I need to sleep a bit more. If I don't come back complaining then it worked well. I might confirm if I remember.

Salamander_King likes this.
  4. andreimontreal

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It seems I still have issues: I'm trying to create/format in hex and it gives me an error:-1.

5. andreimontreal

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure what was the interference but keeping the pad too close to the laptop would give that error. These things are finicky.

Now, people, here's the thing - if I clone these tpms sensors, shouldn't the tpms light come on with those cloned sensors in the car? I saw nothing of the sort. Gonna look in Techstream: let me know if there's a way to shut off the tpms feature (mine might be off, not sure).