1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

URGENT! Can I drive 250 miles without the fender liner and part of the front bumper cover?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by savenscence, Jun 20, 2018.

1. savenscence

savenscence Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hi everyone.

So I'm in the middle of a road trip and the unthinkable happened- I got into a car accident. My car is a 2012 Prius C, in the accident my fender liner was ripped off (now hanging by a thread) and I'm missing a piece of the front bumper (the black plastic (?) part under the fog light on the driver's side.

I checked underneath the car and nothing else seems to be damaged but a small section of a metal cover (I have no idea what this is) near the front of the car in the center is ripped open and there's some piping exposed.

Of course I want to get this all fixed as soon as possible, but I am 250 miles away from my destination and currently nowhere near any auto repair shops. I can't really wait several days in a hotel for the parts to be ordered and fixed anyway.

Is it safe to drive with my car in this condition? I plan on splitting the drive into two or three days. I'm aware that there will be more rocks and dirt flying in than usual, and I plan on avoiding the highway if possible, and driving carefully at slower speeds. There is no torrential rain in the forecast but it might drizzle while I'm on the road. I don't plan on driving through particularly wet areas and will try to wait out the rain if I can.

Thank you for your help.

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You should be fine. Your mileage may take a hit and I wouldn't recommend doing any off-roading or driving over debris. Just make sure that nothing is rubbing or touching and you should be fine.