1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Urrrrgggggghh.....

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Jan 24, 2008.

1. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Canines equines and wild ones are free to troll their speciousness, but when cephalopods PM their detritus just to be a super PITA they deserve to be exterminated. Even then some of us didn't go whining to the mods like a dog-face, but there's just not enough room in the sea for unlimited sewage. Occasionally I've seen a cephalopod riding on the derrière of a horse, however, and wondered...

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ah, I see.

Gee, block the zoo and miss all the fun.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hmm.. checked one of his old posts. He has a space in between the words.

4. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    How did he get back on then? The site upgrade, or whatever you call it, wiped out a few things and banned chuckleheads fell between the cracks, I guess.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    He was sending nasty PMs? I didn't realize that. I never got one. For the most part I found him more amusing than offensive.

6. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

If you weren't a recipient you wouldn't know, one of the few PMs I deleted I was so disgusted.

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i thought he was pretty harmless unless he had a personal beef with you, so to speak. but i definitely can see him getting nasty in that case. sorry to hear you got a nasty pm, mj.

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thats too bad Squid added much life on a different view point to this forum.. Is he really banned?

What about Kow? is he still around? or was he ?

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I checked the list of banned screennames and didn't see Squid. He single-handedly warranted the development of FHOP with the post in which he linked to to doctoral thesis researching Banana Slugs which experience severe Priapism after mating and literally eat their own yoo-hoo to relieve the situation.

Ah yes, good times indeed.

10. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Could you explan this? First you answer his question "No" and then you say he's not on the banned list.

11. Screaming Red

Screaming Red Two Pri Wannabe

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    For the most part I enjoyed the Squidster's posts. He has more style than the garden variety troll, and he sometimes gave me something to think about. I would vote for resurrecting Squiddy unless he does something heinous.

Kow too.

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not me. Not now that I know the reason he was banned in the first place. The squid needed a lesson on working and playing well with others. To allow him back would negate the lesson and just enable his poor behavior and social skills.

13. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    um, tony? fhop existed before squid came around. :confused:

14. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think maybe Tony meant that Squid's post justified the existence of FHOP: Had there been no FHOP, Squid might not have posted that article.

15. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I gather from some of the above posts that Squid was banned on the basis of one or more PMs he sent, which the rest of us never saw. I liked him, but if he did send nasty PMs the mods would have had little choice but to ban him.

16. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, he was rebanned based upon his prior lifelong ban...he won't be resurrected. Squid had many many opportunities to amend his behavior here, sometimes did, but ultimately was never able/willing to contain his behavior. After his ban here he trolled at hybridchat.com just to be a PITA.

While we know he may now or in the future participate with a different screen name/persona as long as the behavior is acceptible that's of no concern, but when it becomes evident he's a troll he'll again be banned.

17. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My original reply was just a flippant reply. The fact that I could reply to his post indicated that he could post thus making any reply unnecessary.

You are correct. I hopped in my TARDIS and checked for myself. I have a hard time keeping things straight.

18. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Which does not alter my speculation about why he was banned in the first place. A speculation you could clear up, though I won't press if you feel it's inappropriate to reveal the reason(s) for his original lifelong ban.

19. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nothing like that at all...he simply crossed the line of acceptibility one too many times.

20. Screaming Red

Screaming Red Two Pri Wannabe

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Like the time he changed his avatar to Cho Seung Hui a few days after the W Va Tech massacre. That washeinous.

But didn't he also start that silly thread about what do you put catsup on, and a poll about is fast food vulgar? Choices were, yes, no, Hilary will be president in '08. Cracked me up. Ok, so I'm not a mod and don't have to deal with PITA's but...a lifetime ban seems a tad harsh.