1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

... US$9 bux, for a pound of bacon?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by asjoseph, Mar 3, 2022.

1. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    or lab or both
    I did find some stump dissolve r I wish I'd known about the last 4 of 5 years of digging chopping sawing and drilling in a really confined space.

#41 vvillovv, Apr 1, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    "As far as I am concerned, spinach and other vegetable contain just as high amounts of nitrate."

Arugula, carrots; it'd take work to assemble the full list. One might quibble and suggest typical veg cooking dissolves them away.

Accurate dosing of Pragues is the key point and our baconeer has got that.

So yeah, save some for me too.

==
    Standard lab way to analyze nitrates is to convert them all to nitrites first. Using cadmium! So 'the kids' play with that in the lab too and I need to say "wash your damn hands". Just thought I'd throw that in. No reason...

Salamander_King likes this.
  3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Fungi that decompose wood really struggle to get enough nitrogen. Stump Dissolver puts them on easy street.

The most impressive (to me) are the predatory fungi that lasso nematodes for nitrogen. Yeah baby. Some edible mushroom species do that also :eek:

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's handy for otha stuff too!

(or so I'm told.....) :ROFLMAO:

5. JahT

JahT Member

The answer is you don't want to know the real reasons, you just want to flutily complain. Be honest about the last admin asking Saudis to decrease production which was guaranteed to raise prices later. Be honest about global inflation as we all get back to spending. Be honest about supply and demand and speculation doing most of the "rigging" and avoid unspecifically blaming government. We all face similar challenges and frustrations, this should be a wake up call as to how fragile our supply chains and health are and how spending at stimulus levels for 4 years and giving tax cuts during a booming economy started the inflation we see today.

Trollbait likes this.
  6. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius