1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

US Hybrid Sales Down 6% in July

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by tripp, Aug 5, 2008.

1. lwnboy

lwnboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    In late June I got one for MSRP and got it in 3 weeks. The key, be flexible with your color. I got my 3rd color choice. The one I purchased in May was $1000 under MSRP.

2. C.RICKEY HIROSE

I remenmber Sunnyvale was offering $500 off MSRP for those waiters with $500 deposit. That was back in 05 when the Prius was sooo hot, still hot.
    90 plus allocation? where are you in waiters list.? Sometimes, we have to move 08 waiters to the 09's and re-negotiate p[rice difference.
    $150 off, that is real good deal! if you can get the 08's in time.

3. robbyr2

robbyr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    We got our spectra blue baby on 7/2 for MSRP. Given that we had to wait only 10 weeks for it, we were satisfied. We were spending $350 a month on gas and not having much fun. Last month we did some driving just for the joy of seeing what's happening, and paid $100 for gas. That's enough discount from MSRP for me!

We were told on 7/2 that the waiting list was 6 months at that dealership or more depending on the color you asked for. Toyota is being nice by sending any Prii here vs. Europe due to the miserable exchange rate for our greenbacks.

4. hampdenwireless

hampdenwireless Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Yes. You don't have your car.

Is it relevant if you get it three months from now at a HUGE discount of $150?

5. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    That was complete gibberish. Huge discount? Who said anything about a huge discount? Where did that come from? What are you trying to say? Yes, people, even people in this thread are reporting just recently getting their prius at or below MSRP. I'm sorry if you're unable to work such a deal. Your envy can be expressed more politely. You clearly seem to have a lot of anger at not being able to find a Prius at a or below MSRP. Perhaps if you did a little more leg work and had a little more flexibility regarding location and travel, you'd have more luck finding your car.

6. hampdenwireless

hampdenwireless Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

It does not look like I have the anger issues it looks like you do. I have said that it is hard to get a Prius below list now and you post about getting $150 discount on a car you don't have yet. That is splitting hairs.

7. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Gee, as long we're willing to admit that it's only "hard" to get a Prius below list, then we're on the same page. If that's the way you need to phrase it to justify backpedaling rather than just coming straight out and admitting it, then fine;)

8. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Wow, I post one of these every month and I think this one has more comments than the rest combined! I guess bad news is more interesting than good news. Of course, the media has been proving that for years so I really shouldn't be surprised.

9. abcdefgary

abcdefgary New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Why are we arguing over this?

10. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Even if Prii were readily available which they are not, hasn't the price of them gone up substantially? Cars which could be purchased at $1500 or more under MSRP back in December-February are now selling for full MSRP or higher. Demand is bound to suffer when prices go up, just as it has with gasoline/oil in recent weeks.

11. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Bloody good question.

12. Snagtooth

Snagtooth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Bought mine for MSRP on July 23, 2008. Of the several dealerships I shopped, actually at least 3 were doing MSRP, though the wait list was 9 months. We got lucky and had ours within 2 weeks due to someone backing out apparently.

EDIT: Oops, should have continued reading - guess this is a little redundant based on the previous posts. Sorry, didn't mean to fuel the fire.