1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

US is NOT energy inefficient

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by kirbinster, May 9, 2006.

1. kirbinster

kirbinster Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ray Moore @ May 11 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]253805[/snapback]</div>
    The difference between 95% and 88% is quite large when you look at the fact that my water annual water usage is over a million gallons. Further, the Rinnai unit you talk about is new, the previous versions could not handle that flow rate. Also, the one you talk about cannot come close to handling my instantaneous water demands, thus it would require storage capacity which gives you the worst of both worlds. I am actually surprised that the 80 gallon units (which are the ones I have) only loose 320 btu/hr which is almost nothing. When you touch the tanks you would not even know hot water is in them as they are so well insulated. 320 btu/hr would represent a temperature loss of 0.38 degrees over an 8 hour period. That seems like a fair number as I know when I check them in the morning they are the same temperature (the digital display reads in full degree units - not fractions) as when the store closed at night. Since my units are located in a basement space is not an issue.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayman @ May 11 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]253914[/snapback]</div>
    Ray, remember what you do for money gives you the freedom to do what you want AFTER you get home from work. you are doing a good thing. keep it up!

3. Mirza

Mirza New Member

The jury is out on global warming... you can't call it a myth. You also seem to be confusing several concepts. First there is the obvious global warming... it speaks for itself. Then there's also human-caused global warming and natural global warming (cyclical temperature change).

Regarding your second paragraph - what the heck was the point of posting this anyways? You've contradicted yourself. You've consistently shown yourself to be on the high horse. Gotta love your irony!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kirbinster @ May 11 2006, 07:10 AM) [snapback]253376[/snapback]</div>

4. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ May 16 2006, 06:15 AM) [snapback]256196[/snapback]</div>
    Fact is that we in the US consume twice the oil per capita as our brethren in Europe and Japan. While they've steadily been improving gas mileage, we've regressed and are now using more fuel than ever. Maybe cars have become more efficient, but the fuel we're burning hasn't. The oil we refine today has a much lower energy output than it did in 1940. We've used up all the high quality stuff, so now it takes a lot more energy to refine the stuff we're addicted to.