1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

US to Inject $30 Million for Plug-in Hybrids

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by efusco, Jan 25, 2008.

1. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's going to take 6 years for US automakers to figure out how to to bring a PHEV to market when you can take a Prius + Hymotion L5 and get 100+ MPG TODAY?? Brilliant!!!

But I guess it follows the genius business plan of investing heavily in time and energy fighting CARB to kill the EV1 instead of refining the technology. At least they can now spend their remaining marketing $$ telling me how they are working hard on a PHEV that I can't purchase on any of their dealer's lots but maybe someday will be available.

2. joe1347

joe1347 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The world will need Terawatts of power and Wind and Geothermal offer limited power generation in many (most) locations. Simply due to the fact of it's worldwide abundance, solar energy is the only clean energy solution that offers the promise of generating Terawatts of power. One problem (with solar) is that the Sun goes down every day and viable (low cost) energy storage technologies are still elusive. To fill the gap, nuclear is about the only non-CO2 emitting technology capable of generating Terawatts of power and like it or not, the world needs nuclear power to sustain our way of life.