1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USA Today: Airport device follows fliers' phones

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, Mar 24, 2010.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    :tinfoil3: time. :)

Airport device follows fliers' phones - USATODAY.com

I've known about and used to use the wait time calculator (TSA: Wait Time Calculator) they mentioned. But, it's really annoyed me that it was "under construction" for maybe a year or more... USA Today claims they just stopped in 2008. :(

2. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am not quite sure what you are referring to? :confused: The lines at SFO and the other airports I have flown out of typically have a big long feeder where once you get to the front, you take the next available inspection point.

3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Usually, the only way I avoid long lines is to use the NEXUS lane. Not all airports have NEXUS lanes

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The wait time page used to tell you that for a given day of the week and particular checkpoint that it would typically take n minutes to get through, from lining up to the other side.

One time, I had to fly out of Seatac but for some reason that weekend, the lines were so bad for both the ticket counter and security checkpoint that I missed my flight. It was so bad it made the local news that weekend as the same thing happened to many others. I think I'd gotten to the airport 1.5 or 2 hours before my domestic flight.