1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured USA Toyota Sales video

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Marine Ray, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Marine Ray

Marine Ray Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Camry on top for years, then RAV4 takes the crown. Prius kinda in the middle to bottom.

mr88cet likes this.
  2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Very interesting, thanks!! Started with PRIUS off the chart - and ended up with PRIUS dropping back below the bottom of the chart again - after rising to be 3rd!!! How markets change.

Marine Ray likes this.
  3. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I’ve seen quite a few of these historical time-lapse bar-graph-fest videos, but this one is by far the most ... spastic? ... of them all! Cars jumping up to the top for just an instant and then falling right back down into oblivion!

Maybe those cars had extra rebates or other incentives applied for a short time, so they sold like crazy for a month and then dropped back into obscurity?

4. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I initially thought the same - but then I noticed the counters.

Try opening it in YouTube - and change the Playback Speed to .25 (cut the volume because it's annoying at slow speed).

upload_2019-12-27_14-51-31.png

Then watch the wild fluctuations - like from .55 seconds, Avalon appears to jump wildly - but the numbers go from 6900 to 16569.