1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB Mod For Sony XAV-AX100

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Scriggity, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Scriggity

Scriggity Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    I
    So I have a base model Prius Two I just bought off of my dad.

The first thing I wanted to do was get a double din head unit with video so I can add a backup camera and run my phone etc via bluetooth. For ease of access when I want to charge my phone, etc and directly connect to the head unit I wanted to extend the USB connection off of the back of the stereo to somewhere I can get to in the car. I found this instructable where the guy cuts the blank where the seat heater control is on other models and adds a USB adapter. it's my first post so I can post a link but if you search for instructables USB-power-plug-in-2010-Prius-III you can see what I'm talking about. I stole the photos attached. F7HG3NDG0AMFK48.LARGE.jpg FDPBS45G0AMFK3L.LARGE.jpg However I want to add a USb extender from the stereo to some sort of USB barrel connector to that slot.

Is there an aftermarket or factory insert that will fit into that blank space that's usually reserved for the seat heaters? I can't seem to find anything and the cut out blank looks kind of janky. Appreciate any and all help - this is my first post. Thanks so far these forums are super helpful.

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    2011 Prius is gen 3. You would probably get lot better responses by posting this on gen 3 forums.

Why did you post this on gen 2 forums?

3. Scriggity

Scriggity Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Gah I'm an idiot. Sorry. I'll post over there. The whole prius gen vs prius one two three things is confusing. I'm a VW guy so this is all new to me. Thank you!