1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB MP3 Forward/Reverse?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by RulesA, Sep 30, 2015.

1. RulesA

RulesA New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello all,

Brand new PiP and enjoying the car quite a bit. One Annoying thing that I have found - there is no way to go to a given "position" within a long MP3 from the USB drive.
    I can go about 2X forward if I just hold down the track advance button but nothing better than that. same for Reverse. This is a positively antiquated way to navigate an mp3 (especially for long Audio book chapters).
    Does anyone know of a better way to do this?
    (Another VERY annoying thing - No Auto setting for the HeadLights - in a 30K Car. Toyota should be ashamed of themselves for leaving out such a basic thing in 2015)

2. Redpoint5

Redpoint5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I hate auto headlights and consider manual lights to be a positive feature on mine. You shouldn't have to run the headlights just because the car is on. BTW, the lights turn off automatically shortly after turning off the car so your battery doesn't drain. Toyota should feel no shame for this.

The car was released in 2010 and has not had any major technology improvements since then. You should have waited for the 2016 model if you demand the latest tech.

3. Toasty

Toasty Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    u can put audio file on iphone or ipod, and use the device to scroll to where u want to play form.

4. Kurt Venice

Kurt Venice New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What version Entune do you have? I just updated to 5.0.1 and it does not remember where I left off, exactly as you describe. However, in my old version of Entune (3.2), it would play precisely where I left it. I'm attempting to go back to the older version, if possible. Has anyone else had this issue?

5. MrRGB

MrRGB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had this problem after the 5.0.1 Entune update on my 2014 Prius. Talked to customer service that said no way to back off the defective update and that I would have to wait for a fix whenever they get around to putting out a new update. They are apparently aware of this issue.

6. greinstein

greinstein Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base