1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB placement

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Xamiam, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Xamiam

Xamiam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

I don't think so. Never have been, never will be! Don't care to hang around the Seattle area. :)

So what's your story? Why do you think that Apple is such a great company? Are an Apple employee?

I was working for a major electronics firm in late 70's and I had to work with Apple. I didn't care for the experience. Furthermore, I haven't seen anything unique from Apple? What great technology have they created? They couldn't even get their own O/S to fly and finally gave up and are using a Linux based OS. Again, what is so special about Apple?

Should we be discussing this here, or should we move this discussion to another forum?

Max

2. Texas911

Texas911 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Technology? Maybe they don't invent things outright but they have a taken concepts and made them work unbelievably great. If anything, they are masters of human interface. Imagine how easy to use the iPod integration would be if Apple designed it for Toyota.

3. Xamiam

Xamiam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I couldn't and I wouldn't.

Anyway, good luck to you!

Max

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    okok.. we don't need another Apple debate (remember the last one? Yeah.. ). Back on topic!

5. Texas911

Texas911 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So I bought a USB drive to test out the USB tab on the radio. Works a bit better than the ipod interface, but what's up with locking out the folder navigation when moving. Why can't Toyota do something right with regards to the audio system. Ridiculous!

The guy who designed the radio interface must be the same dufus that designed the brake pedal in the recalls.

6. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V

What brake pedals in what recalls? Is this different from the accelerator pedals?

7. Texas911

Texas911 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Whoops, my bad, I meant accelerator pedals.