1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB port audio not working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Merebeee, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Merebeee

Merebeee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi all! I've used the USB port in the center console to play music from my iphone for years. In the past few months, it sporadically works, doesn't work, works, then doesn't! I drive a TON for work so it's really frustrating.

I have tried switching out the cable, restarting my phone and the car, updating my phone. I get the a message on the car's screen saying the device is not readable. And then, a few days later, it will work fine. Any ideas?? Thanks os much!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

maybe a loose connection?

3. thomassurdi

thomassurdi Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five

4. thomassurdi

thomassurdi Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    —Did you ever get this figured out? I just bought a 2016 Prius and the USB port only works when it wants to. I’ve tried switching cables, resetting the head unit to factory defaults, resetting the phone, plugging my wife’s brand new iphone in, and I’ve even swapped out the USB port itself with a new one from eBay. Nothing seems to work. Some days I’ll get in the car and my phone connects and I’m playing music through the USB port and then other days I can’t get it to work no matter what I do. It randomly stopped working tonight and I tried everything I could think of, but couldn’t get my phone to connect. Never had this problem with my 2010 Prius or my previous car which was a Honda Fit.