1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB set up on 11.6 screen

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Hiramman, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Hiramman

Hiramman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just got my new 2018 Prius with the 11.6 screen. Plugged in my music via USB cable but cannot seem to browse my music by artist or albums. It plays but only starts with Songs and then plays the songs alphabetically. I can’t browse to a certain artist or album. What am I doing wrong?

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure if there's much that can be done - I've got the older screen. It seems to play songs at random.

Which isn't much good when you're listening to mix of songs, and after the 1st Movement of Mozart K488 it follows with Bach Fugue from BWV565 - UGGGGH - A major to D minor is fine - BUT - you're expecting Mozart's F#min !!!!!

krmcg likes this.
  3. ice9

ice9 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Mine works fine. I have a 2018 Prius 4 with the 11.6 in screen. At the top of the browse screen (about half way to the top of the 11.6 in display) you should see the various categories - Album, Artist, Folder, etc. The radio buttons across the top are narrower than the regular radio buttons and are easily missed. Once you selected the desired category, return to "now playing". There you can select either sequential play (in alphabetical order) or random play.

Hope this helps.

krmcg likes this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Alan, Alan, Alan... :ROFLMAO:

5. ice9

ice9 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four

You are correct that alphabetical sequence will not play classical music in the proper sequence. You can fix this by renaming
    the mp3 files - adding a pseudo track number at the beginning of the filename.

Example: For Beethoven Symphony No. 3

Rename the mp3 filenames for the four movements as follows:

Symphony No 3 Allegro con brio.mp3 ---> 01 Symphon No 3 Allegro con brio.mp3
    Symphony No 3 Marcia funebre Adagio assai.mp3 ---> 02 Symphony No 3 Marcia funebre Adagio assai.mp3
    Symphony No 3 Scherzo Allegro vivace Alla breve.mp3 ---> 03 Symphony No 3 Scherzo Allegro vivace Alla breve.mp3
    Symphony No 3 Finale Allegro molto Poco Andante Presto.mp3 ---> 04 Symphony No 3 Finale Allegro molto Poco Andante Presto.mp3

Note: The track number must be a two digit number so that tracks for long pieces (like Vivaldi's Four Seasons, or the Stravinsky ballets) do not play out of sequence. Otherwise selecting alphabetical sequence will play tracks 11 through 19 before track 2. You have to use 01, 02, 03, 04, etc, for the first nine tracks to prevent this from happening).

After adding a track number to the mp3 filename as shown above, the movements will play in sequence.

#5 ice9, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    DonD likes this.