1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB Source & Video Playback

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by followingalex, Jan 9, 2020.

1. followingalex

followingalex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I'm not sure if this is a call to action or nobody had success - has anyone tried playing anything from plugging a USB stick? I'm curious if any old school MP3'ers use this feature successfully, but more curious if anyone has successfully used the media player to render videos on the screen. There was another thread listing video support for AVI, MP4, and WMV formats but couldn't get this to work on my Prime 2020. Figure I'd post here to see if anyone's got time to test this out and maybe post some pics/vids on test results.

video.jpg

#1 followingalex, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  2. jakilo

jakilo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I’m looking for little help! While listening to music through USB in Intellilink I have notice that some images of album covers are not displayed. Mp3 files are ripped from CDs by W. Media Player or iTunes where covers are perfectly recognized but not by car radio. There are no rules, one album is displayed another one not. Any tips are welcome.

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is your car Prius Prime? Your profile is showing 2012 Prius C. If it is not PRIME, you may get a better answer in the Prius C forum. On Prime, CD cover images are shown only in PARK, not while the car is DRIVE.

4. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's true for any type of video too. In fact, you also had to have the brake engaged.

5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My previous Gen3 head unit did not have any graphic image showing. For my 2017 PRIME Premium, I never paid attention to the CD cover image, so I don't know. But for my 2020 Prime LE, the brake does not have to be engaged to see the CD cover for the Bluetooth streamed music I was playing.