1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB Sync/ Charge Splitter Cable Available???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Xterra72, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Xterra72

Xterra72 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I have an IPhone 6s and an old iPod touch.

I have to connect the iPhone 6s for Entunes and I would like to use my iPod touch to access my music library.

Anyone know if they make usb sync/ charge splitters?

Will the usb sync in the Prius recognize both devices plugged in? Or will it cause errors?

Any link to a good sync/ charge cable is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My guess is that it won't work. PCs can't recognize multiple USB devices on one port UNLESS the next item is a USB hub. I'm not sure if the Toyota's OS would recognize a USB hub as a PC would. If there was such an animal as a USB "splitter" for data, it'd have to be designed to work like a mini USB hub. There are plenty of multi-port USB charger adapters, but you want it to do both data and charging.

Now, you could connect one device via the USB data port and another just use the power port (12v socket) with a USB adapter and have the head unit tune to the other device via Bluetooth. You would have to switch between Bluetooth and USB screens on the MFD when picking from where your music comes.

Xterra72 likes this.
  3. Xterra72

Xterra72 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Thanks did not think so. I wanted to be able to use the iPhone and iPod interface with the Prius but I guess you can't have it all.

4. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Certainly

5. Xterra72

Xterra72 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Actually you can have it all....I had it all when I had an android phone.

Android phones don't have to be wired. Everything works through the Bluetooth, including Entunes, while I had the iPod connected to the sync cable.

It only became a problem when I switched to an iPhone.

#5 Xterra72, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016