1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Use cargo cover without rear headrest?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by gafortiby, Sep 4, 2016.

1. gafortiby

gafortiby Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have child seats in the rear, so I had to remove the rear headrests.

Now, the cargo cover has nothing to hold on to. is there any trick to use the Cargo cargo cover without the rear headrests installed?

I thought about installing the rear headrest backwards--but if I do that the headrests do not lock in place at all meaning it will slip out and become a flying object in the event of a crash. That feels like a safety hazard.

2. slinke1

slinke1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I did the same thing. I bought two aluminum rods, 3 ft long and the same diameter as the headrest posts, sawed it in half, put each rod in the appropriate headrest hole, and attached the cover to the posts. (First I measured how far down in the seat back the post might go.) If you are concerned about the post possibly falling down into the seat back you can use a zip tie around the rod at the top to block it from slipping. I also use these rods to attach my dog grate, as it is designed to clip onto the headrest too.