1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Used 2012 Prius v Two w/55k miles???

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by DogDaze, Oct 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. DogDaze

DogDaze Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey Air_Boss, I'm finding only light grey so far.. all the parts guys are saying it's the correct cover for our VIN number..

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We have the same dove/light gray cover on our 2012 v Five. I guess that's it, no dark gray.

DogDaze likes this.
  3. DogDaze

DogDaze Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Air_Boss..... that's what I'm seeing online (CarMax) used cars as well.

Thanks for the info on it.. -j

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Same light grey almost tan on a 2012 v Three. To be honest, I think I've used it twice. It sits in the garage and is now covered with cobwebs, this being the season they spiders are seeking warmth. Never used mine on a CRv either.

DogDaze likes this.
  5. DogDaze

DogDaze Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm thinking pretty much the same here now too & probably why it was most likely removed by the P.O. The cool thing w/this one is that the windows are tinted dark and hard to see inside.. (I've never had tinted windows before)

Most likely, we'll have it out anyway for the extra space for the dogs in the back as we're hopeful the V will replace the trusted and dependable dog hauler. (our 92 Camry Wagon) IMG_20151101_163016856_HDR.jpg

6. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    DogDaze likes this.
  7. DogDaze

DogDaze Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    lol, great pics of the dogs... we have an Old English Sheepdog and a smaller rescue.. & I think both are smaller than your fur kids..
    Our OES sheepie is only ~60lbs.. (compared to our previous ~80lb girl) Ours are good about riding in the back w/no harness to keep them back there.. tho, I've always worried what might happen should there ever be an accident as to if they'd hang around the car or take off & be lost.. we are typically in the slower right hand lane when we travel w/them.. thanks for posting the pics.. -j

8. DogDaze

DogDaze Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Using the Toyota Owners App..
    I was able to view the prior history of the V prior to our purchase.
    Kinda cool..
    Those of particular interest & related to this post are:

Date 7/3/12
    Type Dealer
    Repair Order Mileage 2,088

STANDARD ~|~HITCH W/WIREING
    CUSTOMER PAY
    7/29/13
    Type Dealer
    Repair Order Mileage 21,126

CHECKED & CHARGED BATTERY

CHECKED & CHARGED BATTERY ~|~CAR WOULD NOT START YESTERDAY. JUMPED AND STARTED. PLEASE CHECK BATTERY ~|~INSUFFICIENT BATTERY CHARGE
    WARRANTY PAY
    2/17/14
    Type Dealer
    Repair Order Mileage 29,422

MULTI POINT INSPECTION TOYOTA

MULTI POINT INSPECTION TOYOTA ~|~MULTI POINT INSPECTION TOYOTA ~|~ ~|~29422 REAR ROTORS ARE PITTED, DUE TO PADS WEARING POORLY. TECH RECOMMENDS CALIPER SERVICE WITH ROTOR MACHINING FRONTS RECOMMENDED AS MTCE ALSO BUT NOT AS BAD OWNER DECLINED SEEING THEM =JUST WANTED IT NOTATED AT THIS TIME
    CUSTOMER PAY
    10/24/14
    Type Dealer
    Repair Order Mileage 41,670

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM ~|~CUSTOMER STATES THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. SHOWS THAT THE VEHICLES POSITION IS OFF BY AT LEAST A COUPLE OF MILES.. CHECK AND ADVISE CHECK FOR ANY UPDATES FIRST / / / / ~|~ ~|~41670 UPDATED SYSTEM
    CUSTOMER PAY
    Apparently, the Hitch and Wiring Harness was installed by the original Selling Dealer.

The 12v battery appears to have had issues dating back to 7/2013..
    (no problems since the new batter prior to our purchase)

and the brakes apparently had issues as early as 2/2014.. looks like pitting on the rear rotors.
    (so, explains why all new brakes done prior to our purchase - at the non-Toyota dealership)

Kinda nice information to know..

The app is pretty cool and works well.. with the exception that my wife's liftback shows up at 200,007 miles.
    I can correct it on the mobile app and it stays correct.. but IF I view it online from the PC, it reverts back to 200,007.
    (it may have been input by the initial dealer prior to purchase in Nov 2011) The car only has 38k on it now.

As for the V... loving it so far!!! and seeing much better than expected fuel economy.. ~49.x MPG's so far.
    & had one commute last week, across town and back @ 58.5.. but it was a nearly perfect day here on the North Coast. Apparently, a great day for MPG's too!!

9. DogDaze

DogDaze Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    an Added Bonus.. just figured out the P.O. must have also had the remote start option installed.. I was looking at a post here on Prius Chat somewhere and saw some comments on how it works.. and so tried it.. much to my surprise, she started right up. ;)

It will come in handy in the winter since the V sits outside.. but it's gonna kill me to watch the MPG's dwindle.. :(
    I guess a small price not to have to go outside just to start it to warm up a bit. The wife will be happier when we leave on our daily commute...

One other quick question.. when we put the climate control in Auto mode.. the AC always comes on.. Is that actually normal?
    I've seen no way to change that behavior... thanks in advance.. -j