1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Used ABS Module bad or just need to do proper bleeding?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by horn12007, Sep 16, 2022.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Many of us have the Gen 2 service manual. Maybe there's a section in it that's really easy to miss? That'll be easy to answer after seeing it.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yeah I can't find the 14 page thing I downloaded I thought Mendel sent it but I have no clue I must have thrown it in the fire pit as soon as I got done with it because it's digitized and I can get it anytime yeah so much for that but anyway it's the simple thing that shows you how to remove the relay . Etc maybe it is for only caliper replacing I don't know . It didn't specify in the text. It was definitely from some sort of a factory manual because it has all the funky page numbers just like my hard copy factory manual sitting on my desk for all my other models they're green and blue and yellow and real thick depending upon the car all the way back to 72 Corolla. And the drawings and everything and the interpreted English all match up to the factory type manual so I don't know how or where it came from but it worked is all I care about and this was an a gen 2. I'm certain in the Gen 3 and forward there will be none of this Toyota will make sure of it because it's money in their pocket I can't blame them for that. I'm just glad I have an older unit before that was totally thought about and there was a workaround or this worked around not having tech. And everything is working great so even if it's not correct and whatever that's fine because everything seems to be working car stops on a dime all of that so I can't be bothered to worry about it.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That'll probably work out better if you can remember where you got it.