1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Used Prius with check engine light on?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by scooby, Mar 5, 2022.

1. scooby

scooby New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I saw a used 3rd gen 09 prius that is cheaper than the market price at the moment but it has got the check engine light on. The seller says it has the codes P0102 (Mass air flow circuit low) and P0113 (intake air temperature circuit input high).

What could the issue? Is it worth taking the risk that it could be an easy fix or is that not likely?

Thanks

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Best to do your own due diligence on what is wing with that car, what the seller says is not always the total story.

when gas prices are really high and there is a cheap economic car for sale, you should be very cautious as to why it’s for sale

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Those two inputs are built into one sensor assembly that lives on the top rear of the air box, just where a large duct comes off it at the left. If those are the only two codes, before anything else, pop the hood and see if that sensor is plugged in.

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, If I were you I'd find a friend with this sensor and borrow it and pop it in and take it for a test drive after you've agreed on lowest possible price. They won't be happy to see you fix it so easily, but it's also likely that you might find other issues with it.