Used PriusTweak app to get rid of Backup Beeps, and now I have many warning lights on dash

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by gromittoo, Jun 18, 2017 at 11:00 PM.

1. gromittoo

gromittoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I bought a used 2013 Prius V level 2 trim about 3 months ago. I had to get rid of that annoying backup beeping. I read in the owners manual that only the dealer could change it to either Zero Beeps, or One Beep.

I read somewhere of a "PriusTweak" App and I thought I would try it. It a very simple app that has a poorly written User Interface, It is simply a bunch of check boxes. There is no feedback if it does anything. It does not give any status or give any error. I eventually figured that my Generic BlueTooth ODBII plug probably was not compatible with setting the register required (but it works fine with Torque ODB). I ordered a new BlueTooth ODBII plug that was ELM327 Compatible on Amazon.

I got the new ELM327 adapter today, and I tried PriusTweak again. This time it worked. It set it to beep once, not zero beeps as indicated, but I am OK with that. I sat in the driveway moving the car into forward and reverse, enjoying the single beep. I went inside, happy. However, there was a much bigger problem.

My wife drove the car first, and I had left the ELM327 plugged in (but me and my phone was at home). When she came back. she asked "whats with all the warning lights?". It seems that the "PriusTweak" App must have done some damage to the computer!

- When I first turn on the car, the "Hybrid System" warning light stays on, after the power on test of the indicator lights.
    - Start driving for a minute, and the "Traction Control" Warning comes on solid.
    - Another minute or two, and the "ABS" and the "Break System" warnings come on. ​

NOTE: The car does not appear to be misbehaving in any way. Also, there are none of the expected warning beeps indicating that something serious is going on.

Do I have to take it to the dealer to get this straitened out? Will it go away by itself?

2. gromittoo

gromittoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    False Alarm!

This morning when I took my daughter to school, all the phantom warning lights were gone. Still, I would avoid the PriusTweak app.