1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

useful, other than OBDII, apps

Discussion in 'Prius OBDII Third-Party Apps' started by John H, Sep 3, 2012.

1. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe there is a better folder for this question ....

I am looking for a PHEV optimization app that would let me keep a todo list of sorts, some calendar integration, some charge station network integration, etc ... and then suggest a route and task plan that would optimize for the most EV usage, lowest cost public and home charging, lowest cost fuel purchases, charge station reservations, PEV friendly shopping and dinning choices, etc ...

I find that I have a lot of flexability on the todo list and with a bit of planning I can achieve a 100 mile day without gasoline along with the errands that are outside of my regular commute. That said, I can easily forget a queued up errand and drive right past it, throwing it back into the queue for another trip.

I find myself picking more remote destinations for movies, a drink with friends, and dinning based on the location of a nearby charge station, especially when there are a couple of errands that can be done in route, like stopping in at a costco or grabbing some groceries on the way.

PriusCamper likes this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've worked with people who have tinkered with these types of geofencing systems... Easiest way is to search for any type of GPS-based app that's used by delivery people or couriers.

And if you can find a buncha apps that you like that offer an API and you know someone who has basic computer coding skills they can build a single interface that can combine multiple apps into one app!