1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Using Mode on steering wheel when Navi on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Joanne, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Joanne

Joanne New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello,

Just purchased 2012 prius IV a few days ago. When I am trying to scroll through my preset audio stations (using my steering wheel buttons) while my car is on the navigation screen, sometimes it will not go remain on the appropriate mode. For example when I select the Mode to either the XM, FM or AM options and use the arrow up or arrow down button on the steering wheel to take me to the next preset for that particular mode, instead of taking me to the next preset station for that mode it will jump to a different mode. Any thoughts or solutions? Help :(

2. sLick415

sLick415 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah, that's how it works. You can organize your presets by separating the XMs from the FMs from the AMs, so it doesn't jump from mode to mode.

3. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, this is one of the (very few) things I HATE about my Prius - how it handles radio station presets. Sooooo badly designed. :-(

4. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Also, sometimes I can't even figure out what the heck it's doing. Like when you're on a preset that happens to be on XM, and then you press the FM button, it goes to the last FM station you were listening to, but then when you press the preset up/down buttons it does something weird.

Also it behaves -very- weird if you're on an FM HD radio multicast station, when you press the preset up/down buttons. Seems to jump to the #1 preset at the top of the screen, in the currently-displayed set of 6 presets. Bizarre.