1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Using the "Chris Fix" method of brake bleeding on my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by H00s13r, Sep 8, 2016.

1. gboss

gboss Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    This is good advice - the carpenters clamp works great. Couple quick questions here on the general brake fluid change not mentioned in any of the YT videos:

1. I only have two jacks, is it ok to put the car into inactive mode for just the rear....then turn it off to move the jacks / front wheel removal? Or does this process have to be done in a single go while in active mode?
    2. I read a thread about not turning the wheel or opening the driver's side door during a Techstream fluid flush (it will put the car out of inactive mode and throw codes, causing a heft dealership bill). Does this also apply to the non-Techstream method like the NotsaboutBotltz video, or can I leave the driver's door open while replacing fluid? It wasn't mentioned in the video.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Get two more?
    These are the things that can kick you out of Invalid Mode, according to Toyota Repair Manual. I believe nutzaboutbolts also lists them in their video:

upload_2024-9-11_11-32-40.png

The full pdf is attached in the brake fluid replacement link in my signature. (on a phone turn it landscape to see signatures.)