1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USPS informed delivery -- UPS real time delivery

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cyberpriusII, Mar 17, 2019.

1. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just signed up for this a week ago -- if you have not heard, each day USPS will send you via e-mail scans of mail set to be delivered to your address that day.

They only scan "envelope-sized" mail -- no Playboys or Duluth Trading Company catalogs.

Seems a bit pointless, except I am having mobility problems -- and my mailbox is just over a half-mile away so it is a bit helpful.

Hey, again, a bit pointless, but.....sort of like posting on PriusChat, :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

UPS now also updates the location of their delivery van via real-time and lets me know when delivery is imminent so I can make a pretty good estimate of when the truck may arrive at my door. This IS useful, because I can bring the dogs in so they do not attack the driver and I can also assure I am not napping (which I tend to do throughout the day) as well as assure I am out of my robe and slippers (which i have been relying on way too much lately).
    kris

bisco likes this.
  2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I signed up for it some time back after another rash of mail theft, to better identify what was lost. But a simultaneous change to a locking mailbox halted that particular problem.

Since then, the package delivery tracking has been useful. It lets us know where tracked packages are left, generally small ones in the mailbox, larger ones at doorstep. So any thieved packages from the doorstep will be immediately obvious.

Many of the private package delivery houses flip numerous packages to the USPS for the 'last mile', where items show on the USPS daily notice once in their system. I don't believe this exchange is unilateral, but rather an option that major shippers can select for reduce their own costs.