1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

vais/DICE vs iPod equalizer: possible distortion problems?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Malkavian, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Malkavian

Malkavian New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I see in the PDF manual for the VAIS SL2i there is a vague reference to the iPod onboard EQ not being "supported" --this mystifies me a bit, all it does is modify the signal which the SL2i unit should then faithfully pass on to the radio, just as if it were turned off. Is there something i'm missing?

Discussion on the vaistech forum seems to be non-existent so I thought i'd ask here if anyone has run into trouble there? Seems to me like it's probably a CYA to prevent the unknowing user from getting a bad sound by stacking the iPod EQ with the one on the radio and blaming it on vais.

I prefer the iPod EQ compared to the JBL's "bass/mid/high" adjustment for the finesse and the presets, so I'd be disinclined to get a product that has actual issues with it.

I've not seen any such disclaimer on the DICE products either, but that doesn't mean it isn't there...