1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vais vs. Icelink, which is better?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Supreme, May 4, 2010.

1. Supreme

Supreme Hypebeast

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And are there any other ipod kits I should be looking at?

I have a 2008 with nav and jbl. I'm basically looking for something that will allow me to control the ipod through the headunit (pick songs, artists, etc.., not a fan of the ipod units that force you to shuttle everything into playlists) as well as charge it. Seems after doing some searching Vais and Denision are the two main ones, but there are some complaints of bugs with the Icelink.

2. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you're using an iPhone or an iPod touch, I'd say do neither. Just get FlickTunes and use the aux jack. Of course, I'm a tad biased. See my sig...

3. Supreme

Supreme Hypebeast

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting app, but I only have an Ipod video and a few ipod nanos.

4. Supreme

Supreme Hypebeast

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone?????

5. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, you don't HAVE to use playlists. I have a DICE and it works OK without them (on my ipod video). My only complaint is the flickering when the text scrolls but that may just be a function of my older JBL head unit (2005).

6. supra90

supra90 New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    My opinion, the Vais is a better unit but very expensive, the Icelink is very close to the dice electronics , i like the dice a lot better maybe because you can get for under $150.00 sound quality is good i can use steering wheel controls to change the ipod songs and it will display all the text from your ipod and charge all the units old and new including the 4g iphone