1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vanity light lamp replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Bill Merchant, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It only comes on if it's in the ON position and the mirror cover is fully open.

Bill, it's odd that I didn't find this thread. I was thinking the same thing except that I want to replace the map lights as they're not particular bright nor focussed. So if I read correctly, I just pull the plastic piece from the front?

Also, the link you have are now broken :(

2. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

Wow, and here I thought I knew everything. I guess the passenger mirror is always open on mine 'cause she sits on that side. I keep my insurance card slid in the driver side so it's only half open. The light works so nothing is wrong. Wierd that they would go to that much trouble making a switch on the mirror door to turn on/off the light even when the light switch is on. What's the big deal?

3. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    anything that can be a drain on the battery has a switch. That goes for the dome lamp, vanity light, cargo area and headlights.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Amazing. What's old is new again. This gave me a chance to fix all the old font references...

Options Auto Salon still sells the <a href=\'http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RB-R103\' target=\'_blank\'>Raybrig R103</a> bulbs, but they moved the page on their site. They have all kinds of odd lights.

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  6. PriusGTRSpecVTypeR

PriusGTRSpecVTypeR New Member

I recently ordered my white LED 168/194 replacement bulbs from here:

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

I ordered the "wedge matrix LED" bulb which is supposepd to have a wide angle of light. I had a problem before in my old car with the focussed LED beam, it would only shine down in one direction. I hope these matrix ones give more overall useable light.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    cool. Tell me how it goes. I wanna replace the cargo area light (rather pathetic if you ask me) and maybe the maplights.

8. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Note that the map lights and the cargo light use different lamps. Map is 168 and cargo DE3022 according to Sylvania and direct observation.

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup I got the part numbers on a sticky on my monitor. I just want to know how the cargo light one looks like. Brighter is one thing but if it's focused, that's no use either.