1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

vapor canister, manual just says, remove.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by knix6, May 11, 2020.

1. knix6

knix6 2013 4, 7/19 2011 prius 2

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My vapor canister got broke off with the protrusions still in the hoses. This must be an easy process when it it still attached to the box, but I am having a difficult time.
    I can see where the red arrows are on the small picture that i need to get those to pull away from the built in ring on the broken pipe. There doesn't seem to be a pinch twist and pull or any trick i can figure out and the repair manual just says "remove". I don't want to break the connector.(large picture to give you an idea of what I am working on.) hell, I think its a vapor canister, at this point, Even the pics on the Toyota parts website don't look identical. post this.jpg

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    This looks like a possibility:

upload_2020-5-13_8-57-34.png

(full document attached)

Let me know, I can search more.

Attached Files:

bisco and Ed Beaty like this.
  3. knix6

knix6 2013 4, 7/19 2011 prius 2

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    i seen that picture too, but that seems to be where it connects to the main box, maybe I could disconnect the hoses from there, and glue the connections back together then install them hoses back on to the car. is that ABS, would i use the same glue for black pipes, or should i use epoxy?

edit: I forgot to say thank you for responding, you gave me an idea on how to move forward.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. Peter Chong

Peter Chong New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi did you figure out how to get it off. I posted saying I didn't know what this part was, after like 3 hours of searching and came across your post once I was able to identify the part. Do you know how to get it off?

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    @knix6 was last here 35 weeks ago. Having invoked their user name with @ prefix, they maybe will see and respond.

6. Peter Chong

Peter Chong New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I appreciate the response. I took your advice for him and was able to get the canister off. Thanks for your help.

Mendel Leisk likes this.