1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Various warning lights stuck on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Sean Callahan, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Sean Callahan

Sean Callahan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    100AE09A-BC8A-473E-B32D-41D4EB2603A4.jpeg I have a 2013 Prius, I ran over a chunk of tire the other day, got out to check the car it looked fine physically however when I got back in the car turned it on I have stuck lights on shown in the photo to add to the lights, cruise control now doesn’t work, back windows don’t roll down and also now when I am at a complete stop instead of the electric motor not responding to the brake being fully depressed in it continues to want to drive forward. Anyone know anything about this issue and/or how to resolve this? Thank you.

2. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You need a code reader to read what code(s) may come up.
    Check your ABS sensor wires, one may have been damages...

3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Codes are only suggestions now, we don’t post them anymore. Throwing parts at it is the latest trend :ROFLMAO:

ASRDogman and kenoarto like this.
  4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Shotgunning became the Parts Cannon. Both have existed for a century, for as long as there were cars to fix. Divining the Parts Cannon is the specialty of forum gurus whose advice often follows the maxim "you get what you pay for".

My guess is "C1235 Foreign Object on RF Wheel Sensor".

kenoarto likes this.
  5. Sean Callahan

Sean Callahan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is there any guide on how to reset this said code you may think it is? Will a general obd code reader work to find out the specific code or do I need something else? I don’t own one yet but sounds like another time to tell the ole lady I need one because of this problem.

6. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Techstream is best, but a code reader that reads the ABS system is good.
    There are several to choose from.

Sean Callahan likes this.
  7. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Codes can often be cleared by disconnecting the 12v battery for a couple of minutes. Most will return quickly assuming the problem is real. I was joking about "divining" out of the blue what is actually wrong. I did have that code once and it required 3.5 hours of labor to remove and clean the wheel hub. Your best free option is to do a good visual inspection under the car and look for physical damage or cables that are cut.

#7 rjparker, Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Sean Callahan likes this.