1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vegan Hummer vs Carnivorous Prius

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by zenMachine, Oct 31, 2009.

1. durallymax

durallymax Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know this is an old topic but I'm a large dairy farmer an have a few quik things to add.

1: 98% of all farms in America are family owned which leaves less than 2% as factory farms.99.5% of Wisconsin dairy farms are family owned.

2: dairy farmjngs carbon footprint is less than 1% of the total carbon footprint of the world.

3: farms are regulated by the dnr nrcs and datcp just like any other industry.

4: much of the info you read is far fetched from the truth. Farmers don't speak out much. For example pesticides on apples causing cancer, you would have to eat 1,400 apples a day to be at risk for cancer. It's easier to get cancer from water than apples sprayed with pesticides. Also people say Bt corn is hazardous to your healt when in reality te only way it can hurt you is if somebody drops a bag of it on your head. Another example is rBGH being hazardous to humans, this is also false.

More later.

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just keep drinking that kool-aid.

3. durallymax

durallymax Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Please elaborate on what part of my post you are referring to and give your side. Bysimply saying I'm wrong proves nothing and doesn't make for an interesting conversation.

4. Frayadjacent

Frayadjacent Resident Conservative

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I loves me some medium-rare dead cow cooked over a lot more charcoal than I need. It's so delicious.

And when I'm not driving my Prius, I ride my motorcycle - the one that has straight pipes with no emissions controls whatsoever. And I enjoy every minute of it.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Damn you're cool! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.