1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vegetarians on Priuschat?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by withersea, Jul 24, 2006.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I applaud all of you who forego meat or at least comsume very little of it. I am still in that lost state where I know how terrible it is but yet I still eat it :(

2. Etel Rose

Etel Rose New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Aug 25 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]309410[/snapback]</div>
    I know there are some message boards that you can go to for support, advice, information about making a switch. These are a few I know of, but I haven't really spent much time at any...

http://www.veggieboards.com (I think this is the biggest one)
    httP://www.vegsource.com
    http://www.veganforum.com
    http://www.veganrepresent.com

I understand what you mean about the "lost state." When your actions meet your values you can walk around with a lighter conscience. I think when compassionate people really get how much animals suffer in the vast majority of the farming industry, it's hard to continue living/consuming as before.

3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Hay, I just found this post!! yeah, one here, and the wife as well. 10 and 12 years respectively. Not vegan, but strict vegitarian.......... actually its a rather easy diet up here in Boone as the local university is known as a "granola" school (Appalachian State University)... our area has a reputation for being health and environmentally conscious.

Good to know there are more of us out here........... (we taking over, but keep it quiet.........)

4. duanelaugh

duanelaugh New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I eat enough meat to make up for all of you!!!

5. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Aug 25 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]309501[/snapback]</div>
    conscous. hmm. Is that couscous and conscience mixed ?

6. Rangerdavid

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Aug 25 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]309611[/snapback]</div>
    thanks eric.............. i can't spell anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I was vegetarian and even vegan for years, but I found that the more serious I became about it, the more judgemental people became of me and others. It got to be that I had to look for non-leather shoes and belts, and even pay attention to the shampoo I used. There's really no limit to how far people will go to say you are doing something unethical. I had to stop hanging out with the other veggie people because I just don't like that kind of thinking. And the meat-eaters too, love to look for ways they can call you a hypocrite. I think whatever anybody is doing to help is great, and nobody should judge anybody else for what they are or are not doing. These days I do eat a little meat, maybe once or twice a week.

8. Mary Snyder

Mary Snyder New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Jul 24 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]291485[/snapback]</div>
    I'm a vegetarian. Weathersea. Could you please explain to me how you drive your Prius, I mean when you get in, what do you do or touch. Would appreciate it as I expect to test drive a Prius soon. Also is there something to watch out for? I've been a vegetarian all my life, by the way. So nice to meet a fellow vegetarian.
    Mary

Mary
    \

9. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Masnyd @ Aug 25 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]309626[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Mary- see PM. Long answer and I didn't want to hi-jack my own thread :)
    Pretty easy on the test drive. The salesperson should be able to guide you through and answer any questions. Drive it like a regular car. Everyone on this site is very helpful, so post any questions that you have. Good luck!

10. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Aug 25 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]309616[/snapback]</div>
    No problem, RangerDavid.

But after reading your post again, I'm guessing you meant environmentally conscious, as in aware, rather than conscience, which means

conscience |ˈkän ch əns| noun an inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior : he had a guilty conscience about his desires | Ben was suffering a pang of conscience.

Those s and c letters together are a killer
    Anyway, conscience flavored couscous sounds awful, and a conscious couscous, downright klingon. ;)

11. Rangerdavid

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Actually Withersea never said whether or not he was vegitarian as well, he just asked how many were on PC. So, Withersea, are you ??? :D

12. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Aug 26 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]309943[/snapback]</div>
    Nice catch Ranger! I am not quite vegetarian yet as I will occasionally have some seafood on the grill. I definitely believe that our bodies were designed to process fruits, veggies, and grains and NOT animal flesh.