1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vehicle Service Agreement -- Platinum

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by DonJa, Apr 25, 2016.

1. DonJa

DonJa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Just got my 1st Prius. A 2013 Plug-In with only 12,600 miles. Dealer got me into a Platinum VSA which I think I seriously overpaid for. I drove it 700 miles home and started going through the previous single owner's items and realized she had a transferable Platinum VSA good until 9/2018.
    Does anyone know if I can cancel that VSA (3 days old now) with the Dealer and negotiate a VSA with my local dealer?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! i believe you can, but have no personal experience. all the best!(y)

3. DonJa

DonJa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks! The VSA fine print reads: Contact your selling dealer for all repair work. (that dealer is 2 states/700 mi. away) or contact the Administrator prior to proceeding with repairs. I know the warranty/work should be honored at any Toyota dealer, but seems like a pain to have to contact selling dealer or Toyota Administrator (1-800 land).

4. Mavi

Mavi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Yea you should be able to. Just tell them you already had it. Nothing to lose.

5. Potorap

Potorap Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Hi Donja, I had a 2010 Prius that I sold and the dealer did give me a prorated refund. It took a while but I got it. You should not have any trouble getting a refund.