1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vehicle Stability Control

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Walt999, Dec 24, 2009.

1. johngeorge

johngeorge Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Is there any play/slop in the steering? My sister's 2005 had a recall done on the steering linkage and ever since then it was sloppy and had play. I ended up looking around and in the drivers compartment the 3 bolts for the steering shaft were all loose, not torqued to spec almost like when they did the service they never tightened it all up (I think spec is 26ft-lb). I torqued the bolts do what it said in the book and its perfect now.

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    johngeorge, please call Toyota USA and tell them about that dealer's incorrect recall work. It could save a life.

3. Walt999

Walt999 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No discernable slop but a sort of rubbery feeling as though you were steering through a rubber band. I really think that the power assist is so low that I am mostly steering on brute force and that enough force is required that the twisting of the torque rod in the sensor assembly is discernable.
    I'm still waiting to see the travelling service tech from Toyota. The last communication is "sometime in February". The Toyota case manager said that the techs were in overload teaching dealers how to saw off the accelerator pedal.
    Walt