1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Verbal directions using iPhone and maps, Google maps, others

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tuni, Jun 13, 2018.

1. tuni

tuni Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

need some help. Using Maps, or Google maps on my iPhone there are no verbal directions. I can see the directions on map but there is no sound. When in the house, I DO get verbal directions! Therefore, have surmised it is a car issue. My iPhone is connected via USB in car, the little loud speaker icon on phone shows, it is not muted. My phone sounds are on etc....have checked all that. But, while driving and trying to get directions on my phone, I can see the map on the phone but there is no sound telling me where to go, turn etc.... Any ideas would be welcome.
    thx

2. Mgrad92

Mgrad92 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Are you using a Bluetooth connection in the car? If it were me, I’d look at that first — Turn Bluetooth off on your phone, start the car, then get directions. If you hear voice navigation on the iPhone speaker, then I’d suspect the problem was with some Bluetooth device you’re using in the car. Turn Bluetooth back on and see what it connects to. If you have a Bluetooth hands-free phone kit, it might be possible to use that for directions even while listening to the car radio or CD:

https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/make-iphone-navigation-prompts-play-over-your-car-speakers-when-listening-radio-0160397/

SFO likes this.