1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Verizon blue tooth phones that work with the Prius/XM Ant

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by monkeypox, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Visith

Visith New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jun 3 2006, 06:27 PM) [snapback]265272[/snapback]</div>
    Same here with my e815. I don't really want my phonebook programmed into my car so it doesn't bother me.

I was surprised how easy it was to set up.

I'm guessing you can't get at the e815's voice recognition through the BT feature? That'd be a good alternative to transferring the phone book. The e815's voice recognition is pretty decent.

2. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

Many have reported having problems with the Treo 650. :angry:

3. jendbbay

jendbbay Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RoadWarrior @ Sep 13 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]318970[/snapback]</div>
    I am sorry to raise this difficult topic again, but we have Verizon and want to use the Blue Tooth feature in the Prius. Here are my questions:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jendbbay @ Nov 4 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]343872[/snapback]</div>

Actually, here are my questions:
    1. Am I correct in assuming that I need to headset when hooked into the Prius Blue Tooth system? Just a phone, somewhere in the car. Right?
    2. Which typ of Verizon phone will work with the Prius? I don't care about uploading the phonebook at all. I'm happy just to have a few hand-input numbers. What I really want is the ability to send and receive calls by merely pushing the control on the steering wheel and without having to wear any gear at all.

Our Touring Prius 2007 appears to be ready and waiting for us to set up a phone. So, we want to go out right now and get the phone. We are the type that get the free phone, or at least the phone for which they only charge tax. So I appreciate functional, but not so pricey, possibilitys.

Thanks so much.

4. chimohio

chimohio New Member

FWIW, My son just got this A930 through verizonso I entered it into my car earlier. It worked and I was able to call home (from the car). How well it works away from civilization. I don't think the phone numbers will transfer but I did not need a headset, just the phone in the car.

5. Spoid

Spoid New Member

I had to update my Treo 650 to get it to work.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jendbbay @ Nov 4 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]343872[/snapback]</div>
    1) All you need is the phone somewhere in the car. I keep mine on my belt (on the left side, out of the way).

2) I have the e815 and it works fine with the Prius. It rings on the phone, and not from the speakers, but that's OK with me. Just about any Verizon BT phone will work, but what the phone will do (like where it'll ring) might be different. Your big problem, as noted above, is that you won't be able to send the phonebook, which you said you don't need. You can enter any numbers one by one manually and there's a one-touch for 18 numbers (well, 17 you set and one for last number).

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobZ @ Jun 20 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]274336[/snapback]</div>
    Great. Kind of a mixed blessing. It sucks that my v710 obx is disabled. I was kinda looking forward to Verizon loosing the class action lawsuit for advertising all the great obx features, then disabling them. Hey, maybe since they backed down and now allow total file transfer protocal, then maybe they'll do a cheep upgrade to the V3c to those of us who took it in the shorts being sold disabled phones. Think I'll ask. couldn't hoyt! Thanks for the heads up

8. jendbbay

jendbbay Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Nov 4 2006, 07:07 PM) [snapback]343920[/snapback]</div>
    Hey all. I survived the Verizon phone store -- hate that experience as much as buying a car, actually -- and successfully hooked up the new razor. The car recognizes it after we power down, remove phone, lock car, go out of range, return, get back in and power up. I hope that will be true tomorrow morning as well.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work is that I assumed I should be able to use steering wheel control exclusively to initiate voice activated dialing. In other words, we input the phone number and recorded that name, and successfully tried it. Now, I want to be able to call that person by pressing a button on the steering wheel and then merely saying her name. Instead, it seems the best you can do is press the off the hook button to bring up the phone screen and then press the phonebook area to bring up the phonebook screen and then use the steering wheel control to get the system to ask you who to dial.

So on the whole, it works. To the last detail, it seems to be lacking, but I hope that's just me being inept.

Thanks for all your help.

Jen

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jendbbay @ Nov 5 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback]344261[/snapback]</div>
    See, I have a 2005 and don't seem to have voice dialing. What I do is press the phone button on the steering wheel and I get the 17 one-touch numbers (if I'm moving) or the main phone screen (if I'm not or have pressed the override button). Then I dial from the one-touch. I really only call either my wife or my parents, so there isn't a hassle.

10. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jendbbay @ Nov 5 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]344261[/snapback]</div>
    In my 2006 package #7,this is what I do to use voice dial:
    • Press the talk switch on the steering wheel and say "dial by name"
    • Jill says "Dial by name has been chosen. After the screen has updated please press the talk switch"
    • Press the talk switch
    • Jill says, "Please say the name"
    • I say the name I have programmed to the number
    • Jill says "Name chosen. Please briefly touch the talk switch or touch the off hook switch to dial"
    • I press the off hook switch (telephone with receiver off the hook) and the call dials.
    I hear the call dial, the person answers and I am good to go. I have dialed a name without touching the MFD, only the steering wheel.

The process is almost the same for dial by number, which I use to call a person that is not in my phonebook. There is one extra push of the talk switch, that seems like a glitch, but it still works.

When I have an incoming call, the radio cuts out, and I hear a generic ring through my car speakers, not my ring tone. Sometimes my phone will actually ring about a 1/2 a ring and then I hear the generic ring through the speakers. I haven't quite figured that one out yet.

I think dial by name is my favorite and most useful feature of the car. No more having to fish out an earpiece and try to get it plugged into the phone while driving. Mine is set to auto answer so the car rings twice and then I say hello :D

11. even4steven

even4steven Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My Verizon Treo 700W connects fine via BT. However, once connected I have had too many people tell me that can't hear me clearly, and I must confess I do not feel natural. I have since switched to a BT headset and feel more comfortable and everyone hears me fine...

12. Frank Williamson

Frank Williamson New Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer phonebook entries from a recent Verizon MotoKrzr phone to a 2007 Prius phonebook? I'm able to pair the phone and sound quality on the car speakers is perfect in the Seattle area. But I'm unable to transfer any numbers from the phone to the Prius.

Verizon tech reps say I should contact Toyota for the procedure since it's "automobile specific". I think that's a cop out on their part to try and blame someone else for Verizon disabling the feature. But my knowledge of Blue Tooth is little to nil so I want to ask the experts if there is any known way to transfer the Verizon Krzr phonebook to the automobile phonebook.

It appears from reading previous posts in this thread that the LG8300 will accomplish this and I hope the Krzr can do it too.

13. calpal

calpal New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeypox @ Jun 3 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]265202[/snapback]</div>
    I have an 07Prius and am trying to use my Verizon RAZR with it. Anyone know how?

14. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stratoliner @ Nov 11 2006, 04:29 PM) [snapback]347547[/snapback]</div>
    I doubt you can transfer the phone book. Verizon disables the function with bluetooth. In order to transfer you need both the OBEX and OPP functions enabled. You can do a seem edit of the phone if you are into hacking your phone. Even after I did the seem edit for my E815, I could not transfer the phone book. No big deal as I only had about a dozen names to put in. I typically call home or my husband's office while in the car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(calpal @ Nov 12 2006, 05:16 PM) [snapback]347927[/snapback]</div>
    What are you specific questions? There is a section with the nav guide, I think that will tell you step by step how to pair it with the car. I have my bluetooth on th phone always powered on and I have it set to auto answer. That way it automatically pairs when I get in the car and I don't have to push the off hook switch to answer when a call comes in.

15. calpal

calpal New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobZ @ Jun 3 2006, 05:31 PM) [snapback]265274[/snapback]</div>
    I have the 07 Prius and have been unable to connect my Verizon Motorola RAZR phone thus far. Can you help?

16. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(calpal @ Nov 12 2006, 05:45 PM) [snapback]347940[/snapback]</div>
    Have you followed the instructions in the car's owner's manual? If so, at what point does it fail?

17. SusanCnett

SusanCnett Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I was told that "All Bluetooth is the same, regardless of the carrier" but that proved to NOT be the case.

The Palm Centro through Verizon is NOT supported. The Palm for Sprint and AT&T IS supported.

I went to: "Toyota dot letstalk dot com" (I am a newbie so it Prius Chat won't let me post the URL)

and entered 2007 Pruis without Navigation.

Then I chose "Pair an existing phone" and chose "Palm" and Centro for Sprint and AT&T are listed, but the only Verizon phone is the Treo 755P.

I compared the Sprint and AT7T models and some features varied, with respect to how well the worked with the Prius.

The bottom line is NOW ONE is taking responsibility for standards on this. Palm says Toyota and Verizon are to blame, Verizon blames Palm and Toyota. I guess when I talk to Toyota, they will blame Palm and Verizon.